Thursday, May 7, 2015

Playtime


For this project, I wanted to play with the idea of projecting myself as a child, and blurring the lines between pretend and real life. I wanted to use stop motion to better animate the toys that were used to give them more "life" without straying too far from the fact that the child was still playing. The idea of the project was sparked from the movie Big Hero 6, from which I pulled and created stop motion of the appropriated footage. The footage is able to give a sense of exactly what the child is seeing and why he is reacting to his pretend reality. Although I understand that it may not have come off as efficiently as I had hoped, but this project was created with the intention to push the boundaries of pretend and reality, and to give a sense of fluidity between the two worlds. In the future, I'd like to better animate the figures and possibly better map out the scenes of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment